We are looking for designers to create a wedding invitation with accompanying RSVP and information cards so that they can used as templates for personalized wedding invitations. If we like your work, we’re also hoping to build an ongoing relationship with you for more designs in the future, as we’ll be rapidly adding to our collection of designs.
The three themes we are interested in are: elegance, modern, and rustic. You don't have to design all three for this contest. Select one theme to base your design around. However, additional/different designs are encouraged.
Because our “sculptures” are laser cut and precise, we need you to follow a couple universal principles regardless of theme:
• Minimalist, clean & simple design
• Typography that focuses on communicating and compliments the sculpture as the focal point of the invite
WHAT WILL BE PROVIDED
• A template PSD containing the layers (sculpture, transparent background shadowing, front cover) of two cards with accompanying sculptures that you may use interchangeable
• Ongoing feedback and direction
WHAT YOU'LL BE DESIGNING
• A logo/mark/design for the front cover of the card that ties into the style of the open (3d) card.
• The layout of typography and embellishments on the inside of the card, focusing on utilizing space effectively in accordance to accommodating the sculpture.
• An information card tied to the wedding invite
• An RSVP card tied to the wedding invite
• Maintaining overall cohesion among the different parts of each themed design
• The wedding invites are 6x8 inches (12x8 unfolded)
• The cover (front/back) should be a single, flat color with 2 or less printed colors.
• Ideally, designs should work with multiple printing technologies: letter pressed, digital, or thermographic printing
• The sculpture cannot be altered in any way from its original state, however it can be moved (somewhat) vertically throughout the “center-line” of the card if necessary for your design
• Use whatever example information that you feel suits the design, however, the output of your designs should not be dependent on any particular name, date, or location.
• RSVP card - you can define size, but must be smaller than the invite, and we’d expect to place it behind the card (we expect something by 3x5 inches, however, this is flexible)
• Information card - you can define size, but must be smaller than the invite, and we’d expect to place it behind the card. This is intended to convey some unknown information and we’re mostly looking for style/cohesion with other pieces.
HOW DESIGNS WILL BE EVALUATED
• Overall attention to making the entirety of the cover/invite/rsvp/info card feel cohesive with a definite stance on theme direction
• Simplicity/minimalism: how effectively you convey a theme without over designing
• Strong understanding of typography and information architecture