• Convene experts from Nevada and around the country to develop comprehensive scholarly, evidence based policy solutions to complex state and local government and community challenges.
• Serve as the clearinghouse for state and local policy solutions, public private partnership models, and leverage private assets to innovate and address public solutions.
• Assist other states in implementing evidence based and best practices and programs developed by the Institute.
• Develop graduate students in leadership roles through research institute projects beginning with partnerships at both the University of Nevada, Las Vegas and University of Nevada, Reno.
• Publish annual recommendations for reducing barriers, improving service delivery, and increasing collaboration among state departments and private partners.
• Develop successful models for governments, nonprofits, and private companies to measure outcomes and returns on investments.
• Developing and consulting on the implementation best practices for peer-to-peer mentorship programs, community engagement, and public-private partnership models leveraging our partnership with the University of Nevada, Las Vegas data lab to provide data derived solutions and recommendations.
• Work in a variety of sectors, including labor, senior health, public health, juvenile justice, family services, homelessness, veterans, homeland security, emergency management, disability and vocational rehabilitation, workforce development, reintegration and federal funding and financing.