Company Name Consideration:
The full name of the company (Checkout.com) should be reflected on the logo, but designed for the eventuality of dropping the '.com' once the brand has achieved enough market recognition for 'Checkout' to stand on its own. In other words, the '.com' should not be integral to the strength of the logo.
Use of Type/Design Considerations:
The logo should be typeface treatment only, no icons. We are NOT interested in any icons, this is a typeface treatments only, so just dont send icons as you are immediately eliminated as "off brief"
- All letters must be CLEARLY readable, avoid all fancy tricks (reversed letters, one letter into another etc..)
- You can use an existing font face, but we would prefer a custom font which can remain unique to our brand and instantly recognisable as the company grows. Additional compensation will be awarded for a complete custom font (inclusive of the rights to the full font set). If you choose to use an existing font, we will need you to confirm the font you've used.
- Keep the word checkout.com on one line. The ".com" can be smaller so the focus stays on checkout but then you either align it to the bottom or the top of the font used for checkout
- For the font keep it simple, we dont want anything futuristic (we are not selling space ships) and dont want Pinterest copycats (too girly). Think classic/global brands: Visa, PayPal, Paymentech, Amazon
Colour Palette Considerations- Since a significant portion of our business will target East and Southeast Asian markets, we've been favouring the colour red for the company name / logo, which has important cultural resonance particularly in China (associated with good fortune and joy).
- However, we remain open to alternative approaches to colour.
The visual identity of our brand should inspire a sense of trust and ease in our target audience, and reinforce our position as a leading global presence in online payment solutions. As a financial services company, our tone should remain professional and serious. Focus should be on conveying reliability (security) and speed.
Examples of existing corporate designs we like :
OpenX.com (We like the font, without logo)
Dropbox.com (We like the font and style, without logo)
Bonobos.com (Super readable)
Fedex.com (Super readable with a nice colour and font twist)
Nintendo.com (We like the font, no oval around it)
Ganttic.com (Less readable but it distinguishes itself)
Visa.com (Super simple and nice speed effect in the first letter)
Chase.com (We like the font, without logo)
Microsoft.com (We like the font and color)
PayPal.com (A standard)
SociétéGénérale.com (We like the font, without the logo)
Zynga.com (We like the font, without the logo)
Webroot.com (There is a modern twist we like)
Kapittal.com (We could also simply highlight the first letter)
Basic logo design presented on white and black backgrounds.
Please refer to the general designer feed to grab a lot more valuable info.
Thank you! We're looking forward to seeing what the 99designs designer community comes up with.