** FINAL ROUND UPDATE **
We would like to see the finalists' interpretations of out current working logo as shown below. Good luck to all and thank you for your AWESOME work!
The attached images are our interim logo we are NOT interested in a reworked version of this logo. It is attached simply to show what we are currently using. Please come up with something entirely different on your own!
We are definitely interested in incorporating a nod to the namesake "gnome" without infringing on other trademarked gnome mascots (i.e. Travelocity).
We are also open to going another direction entirely through an emblem or unique gnome-symbol.
A couple quick general "ground rules":
1) We want to avoid extreme gradation (in both color or greyscale) we want our logo to look good off the best and worst printers.
2) We want to avoid scaleability and proportionality issues - we want this logo to appear on business cards and banners without re-tooling.
3) We want our logo to pass the black and white test. A good logo is only as good as the laser printer at a doc's office.
4) We'd prefer a simple logo with 2 or 3 colors (including black, not including white).
5) We want to avoid traditional medical imagery (needles, snake and staff, ect.)
Thanks for your help - it means the world to us!
GnomeDx Branding & Marketing Team
Austin Rogers, Director