----- BACKGROUND -----
We wish to be perceived as:
- Cutting Edge / Ahead of the Curve
- Technologically Savvy
- VERY Smart at Marketing
- Friendly and Approachable
We went with the name "Bot Ninja" because:
A) We build bots (obviously!)
B) Aside from sounding cool, "ninja" would suggest that we are smart, cunning, and 2 steps ahead of the competition in terms of what's working in marketing.
----- DESIGN -----
We're looking for talented illustrators with a keen eye for great typography.
1) The logo must be clearly recognisable on both white and black backgrounds.
2) The logo should be a character that is a cross between a robot and a ninja. While it should clearly be robotic, it should still have a human-like "feel" about it.
We should be able use this character in different poses on the website and marketing materials.
This character should look playful and friendly.
It CAN be a LITTLE bit animated, but nothing too "active" - it's probably best to keep a simple standing stance and we can discuss various poses later on.
It should NOT look childish or immature.
It should NOT look scary, dangerous or threatening.
Example: https://www.hipmunk.com/ - notice the difference between the logo and the character in the banner
NOTE: We plan to use this character in various marketing materials and so further work will be commissioned with the winning entry to provide additional character poses.
3) The standalone logo (no text) must be approximately as tall as it is wide. No really wide or really tall logos please.
4) The logo must look ok when very shrunk very small. If it looks blurry, busy or unclear when shrunk down... it's no good! Examples of this done well are Hipmunk and Mailchimp. Look at how small the logos are in the banner at the top left of their website:
5) No gradients please. Flat colors only. You can create shadows using a second darker color if you like (such as some of the attached reference logos).
6) Preferred colors would be:
1: Black / Very Dark Grey
3: White / Very Light Grey
Use the red color sparingly, the main color should probably be black/dark grey to give it the look of a ninja.
Feel free to add another color or two if you think it will make the design look better.
7) Font/typography is SUPER important - We need GREAT fonts that we can also use in marketing materials, and ideally as webfonts on the website.
8) The "Bot Ninja" text must look good in both of these places:
--A) Underneath the logo/character (as a square or short portrait canvas)
--B) To the right of the logo/character (as a wide landscape canvas)
References: We've attached some designs we like for inspiration
Side note: If you feel any of these rules are TOO restrictive, feel free to bend them... we're open to seeing your artistic flare!