The output we require is a primary logo element (PEARL), and a lock-up version of that logo with the full-name of the system (Product Events and Registration Licenses). The logo may be used as a stand-alone icon if it’s truly Iconic; meaning that it conveys the primary themes and the purpose of the PEARL system in its design. The logo can be either purely typographic (PEARL), or have a pictorial, lettermark or emblem device (or any combination); we are open to considering all options based on the strength of the design.
What we want our logo to say about our software:
• I’m better than the legacy versions
• I’m easily adaptable to changes
• I’m approachable and inviting
• I’m effective, stable and efficient
• I have high quality data
• I’m technically advanced
• I accomplish serious business, but I’m friendly and easy to use
Background: The old system was seen as having unreliable information. Users were reluctant to use due to competing priorities and not understanding the importance. We need a new logo for the system that lets everyone know this is not just a new system but a system required for us to maintain accurate information. Key business problems being solved with the software;
• Lack of cross system data standardization
• Lack of transparency of activity worldwide
• Flexibility to track varied situations
• Systems are an after thought
It still has the core features and security plus MUCH more with reliable information. is the mindset should be: this is your system and you and everyone else will greatly benefit by keeping this information accurate.
Logo Style Keywords:
d. Sleek / streamlined/ uncluttered
Nice to Haves
1. Logo should refer to Regulatory submissions and/or Licenses in some way, without seeming “old fashioned”
2. Could be inspired by, but not obliviously include, references to advanced technology, chemical formula, molecules (without going overboard or being obvious)
3. Include a version of the Logo that can be used as an icon for the system (looks good in a simple, small format)
4. The system is consolidating many systems/data so that could also be used as part of the logo.
5. Pearl image.
Should Not Haves
1. Throw-back, “classic” or retro styling - this is a new and improved system, and cannot look old or stodgy
2. No old-fashioned iconic elements representing other “old-school” elements
3. Should not focus on traditional medical icons or symbols (red-cross, Snakes and staff “Caduceus”, doctors, etc.).
4. Not be “bulky” or “solid” – This is not a like a bank, it’s like on-line banking
5. Not be “frivolous” or “cartoonish” – should look friendly and approachable, but does a serious job