The business is currently in the planning stage, especially branding. The look and feel of the brand starts with this logo contest.
The logo needs to have a modern and hip touch (think "web 3.0"). Also must be suitable for a wide range of media including prints, car wraps, billboards, and of course, computer as well as phone screens. Minimalist style preferred.
Some of the marketing messages that may help with the process:
Zero Carbon Footprint
All Green Landscaping
Your landscape is your environment, we keep it noise and pollution free.
* UPDATE - Sep 6 GMT 05:30:
1. Want to see a stylized G (or g) that can be both standalone and part of the business name - Greenscape (s must be lower case)
2. Want to see color differentiation between "Green" and "scape"
* UPDATE - Sep 6 GMT 17:00:
3. One concept we want to explore is a few grass blades being cut with the debris morphing into a butterfly, and the whole image ties into a G (or g) shape. Prefer simple & abstract rather than literal & elaborate. (This is by no means the only concept we are considering, so don't let it limit your creativity.)
4. Prefer modern, bold, sans serif typeface
* UPDATE - Sep 7 GMT 17:00:
5. Again, we much prefer simple, abstract, and bold lines than elaborate, literal, and fine details.
For example, a simple, symbolic butterfly is better than an elaborate one with too many details.
* UPDATE - Sep 8 GMT 19:30:
6. In order to symbolize "green", grass is preferred over leaf.
7. If you include a butterfly, it should be a symbolic one like the "msn butterfly" (search for the images if you are unfamiliar with MSN's logo).
* UPDATE - Sep 9 GMT 17:30:
8. Varying background colors are welcome, although the logo will be used on a white background in most cases.
* UPDATE - Sep 9 GMT 22:00:
9. Attached image illustrates what grass looks like, and how it gets cut (NOT with scissors obviously but the concept is the same).
* UPDATE - Sep 20 GMT 05:00:
10. We are very clear about what we want at this stage.
A stylized "G", with: 1. The lower arc that symbolizes ground/earth; 2. The upper arc that symbolizes the sky; 3. The middle stroke that symbolizes both the horizon, and a cutting blade; 4. SIMPLE grass and butterfly that accent the landscape (these two elements are optional but highly recommended).
Grass should be something like the following, but more compressed vertically, and of course, vectorized:
It's now less about concept and more about design skills. May the best designer win.
* UPDATE - Sep 26 GMT 13:30:
11. We have picked the winning designer. However, because of an unexpected account closure, we had to work out legal issues with the designer as well as 99designs in order for someone else to take over and improve on the winning design. Attached PDF document serves as the legal basis to continue and conclude the contest.