Download the attached Directions3.pdf file for detailed instructions. It also has examples you should look at that I wasn't able to put in this notes section.
Now that we are in the final design stage, I have some more specific requests to focus on. Here is specifically what I am looking for:
<L>THE OAK STREET GROUP
1. What I am going for is to have the logo and the lettering look like little wooden carvings standing up on a white piece of paper.
2. It is important to make it look as realistic as possible. I need to be able to actually physically recreate this in the real world.
3. The <L> is where the Logo should go.
4. Keep the Logo text placement exactly as above.
5. There should be shadowing below both the text and the logo consistent with 1 source of light.
6. **In your design submissions, please show an example with >no shadows< below the text and logo as well.**
1. Each letter should look like it was separately carved out of wood. To find a lot of inspiration for the carved wooden letter feel I'm seeking on the text, please go to "Google Images" and search for "rounded carved wooden letters".
2. The color of the letters is very dark brown/black.
3. Every letter should have a wood grain texture to it.
4. Please use the font above for inspiration on this part of the design. You should probably make it slightly “fatter” as needed to give more room to demonstrate the shading/texturing effects.
5. There should be excellent 3D shading to give it a great sense of depth.
1. I only want a little wooden carving of a single oak tree as the logo.
2. The color of the tree is very dark brown/black.
3. The ground that the tree is on should be on the same level as the bottom of the letters.
4. It also needs to have a wood grain texture to it and there should be excellent 3D shading to give it a great sense of depth.
5. Do not use an acronym (TOSG,OSG,OS) or any lettering on the logo.
6. This wooden carving of the tree needs to be inside of a glass sphere that symbolizes the globe. To find a lot of inspiration for this image, please go to "Google Images" and search for "hollow glass sphere".
7. I would like very faint, almost transparent white continents superimposed on the outside of the glass sphere. To find a lot of inspiration for this image, please go to "Google Images" and search for "glass earth".
8. So not have multiple meridian lines all over the outside of the sphere. Just have one faint line around the middle of the sphere where the equator would go on a regular globe.
9. Put one white circle on the top right of the sphere that would be the "sun reflection" on the sphere. I want this circle to give it more of a feeling of depth and 3D. You will see examples of this on your google search.
10.I would like the color of the sphere to be like a beautiful Caribbean clear ocean blue, but with a little dark grey mixed in with it.
**The 3D shading on the tree, the sphere and the letters needs to look like it is coming from 1 single light source. It is very important this shading is consistent.**
**The winning design will most likely be the one that has the most appealing 3 dimensional appearance in both the logo and text.**
**Lastly, please be sure you upload a half black logo and bottom half white logo submission on each. Please see below for an example of what I mean.**
Designers, THANK YOU all very much for helping me with this design! This has been a great experience. It is a pleasure working with such talented people. Please feel free to message me about this design as much as you want.