0 - PRODUCT
- full color icon
- grayscale icon (only needed after feedback round)
- mono color icon (only needed after feedback round)
1 - LOGO SHOULD CONTAIN *BOTH*:
a) Biology: DNA helix / chromosome / etc.
b) Computer Science: 0s and 1s / CPU / conductor path / anything that stands for computation, algorithms, etc.
Example: a DNA helix that is transcripted into 0s and 1s (Binary)
2 - LOGO MUST *NOT* CONTAIN:
- nuclear stuff (atoms, molecules, etc.)
- organic stuff ("Bio" DOESN'T mean "organic", "organic food" or "agriculture"; it means biology / genetic engineering as a science)
- chemistry (Erlenmeyerkolben)
- water drops
- shopping carts
- computer mouse (it is a logo for a high-tech company)
3 - PREFERED COLORS
- steel blue
- open for new suggestions (combination of blue and green worked great, if the green tone was well chosen)
4 - FONT
- sans serif
- not too bold
- see #42, #42, #195 (without serifs) for good examples
Our field is bioinformatic research.
The products of our research are applications that allow for solving various bioinformatic problems.
Genome / Chromosome / DNA analysis are problems that are addressed.
Customers are academics, universities, medical research
institutions, pharmaceutical companies, etc. that do bioinformatic or purely biologic research.
We offer our complex algorithms as easy-to-use self-contained apps.
A web design contest will very probably follow.