As the shop making market and metal industry here in general have developed to a more design / fashion and in particular professional oriented market, WE need to communicate through our channels that
- we can provide the products meeting those standards
- in a very short period of time
- at a cheap(er) price AND
- that we are not a small unprofessional one man backdoor company like "many companies out here", but a medium sized, well organized, professionally managed enterprise!!!!!
Products: We already do communicate that we are a professional, flexible and fast company (but new possible clients cannot see that in our Logo/ homepage) http://www.simo.ch
Current Logo and Homepage: we do not communicate anything
NEW LOGO/ HOMEPAGE: we are a professional, flexible and fast company that can produce "anything mentioned above" at a cheap/ fair price.
THE WEBSITE IN GENERAL:
We want a CORPORATE HOMEPAGE that shows what was described above. We want to have a 21 century Website, unlike "all" the rest of our competitors who have outdated online appearance. So the pages should be clean/ neat/ clear/ well structured/ logic/ not beeing overloaded/ masculin not feminin/ unique/ combination of sharpness and edges but also round features/ modern but not futuristic/ bright overall and not to dark/ simple without beeing cheap/ NO 80s or 90s style/ different shadows and colour contrasts is a must.
...see pages we like...thats about what is out there...we want something not toooo far away from those in terms of structure, but definately an upgrade and improvement.... a modern version.
PAGE 1: Front/ Landing page
The Front page is the "home". The clients "questions" should be answered on this page. So we want to communicate here very! briefly who we are, what we do and what our products in general are. The page layout should not be completely different from the page 2, but one should notice that its not the same like the page 2.
PAGE 2: Feature pages
Here we should have the layout for the rest of the website.
1. the website should be like a sheet. so its not going over the whole browser-window. (see http://kind-ag.ch/)
2. a location where pictures will slide constantly in a defined timeframe while the user is on the page (should be on the top part of the page. The size should be "dominant" but informations below should be accesible without scrolling down the page (too much). It should be squared (get inspiration on http://www.spaeter.ch)
3. the company logo can be placed where it makes sense for you.
4. A Header at the "top-top of the page" with following links: Home, What we do, Who we are, Contact us
5. Horizontal navigation incorporated to the picture-slide-location (where it makes sense for you.) It should contain following 2 links: Shop-Making, General Metalwork (Preferebly in a "tab"-kind of style)
6. Below all that, there should be on the left a narrow part for the vertical navigation, and on the right hand the wide part for the main body.
7. The vertival navigation should have following links: Stamping, Laser-Cutting, Bending, welding
8. In The main body we will mainly describe in very short!!! sentences what we are able to do with max. 3-5 examples (small pictures):
The Logic is following: We introduce our mashines (background knowledge of the mashines, specifikations, the material and what they are able to do etc ), AND what products we can make with them (3-5 pictures). The Introduction text, specifications and the pictures should be somewhat seperated. be creative.
At the very bottom there should be a grid of links that we have not defined yet (3 columns with 4 links each). one should see that this is the end of the page with some additonal nice to have links in it.